AGRU PVDF in acid tank construction
The lightweight construction trend is taking every industrial sector by the storm. The mechanical properties, small mass and comparably low production costs provide great benefits compared to materials such as stainless steel. To guarantee the chemical resistance of these constructions, they are lined with fluoropolymers such as AGRU PVDF panels.
PVDF (polyvinylidene fluoride) is a fluoropolymer with excellent resistance against a variety of highly aggressive chemical media. The company Plasticon China Co., Ltd. has made use of the benefits of the polymer by using PVDF as lining for a hydrochloric acid tank, which in turn was built with the dual-laminate process.
- Material manufacturer: AGRU Kunststofftechnik GmbH
- Sale: FRANK GmbH and KVG Kunststoff-Vertriebs KG
- Processor: Plasticon China Co., Ltd.
- Year of installation: 2017
- Material: PVDF GGS 4 mm
- Dimensions: Length: 4.5 m; diameter: 2.6 m
- Medium: HCI (hydrochloric acid)
- Temperature: 60 °C (design temperature)
- Pressure: -0.1 to 0.2 bar